We are a little more than one week into August, and the possibilities are endless. A few examples:
- Get the kids back to school without too much fuss.
- Take a last minute summer vacation before the kids return to school.
- Or, do hard stuff that will make you harder to kill.
One of these things is not like the others…
I started a challenge for myself and a small group of friends, as a way to live more like option #3. 100,000 meters travelled in 28 days.
Simple, right? Here is the kicker.
- You must travel at least 10,000 meters in week #1.
- You must travel at least 20,000 meters in week #2.
- You must travel at least 30,000 meters in week #3.
- And…you guessed it…you must travel at least 40,000 meters in week #4.
- Rowing -very Vikingesque
- Rucking – again, very Vikingesque
- Running – maybe Viking-ish
- Skiing – did they have skis back then?
- Cycling – this one shouldn’t be in there, but I caved to pressure of all the cycle warriors.
So there you have it. My devious plan to make people hurt, while lowering their resting heart rate.
I could take the easy route and stick with the rowing…because that is what I do. But, as I said in the beginning of this post, I wanted people to work toward being harder to kill.
So, I am going to both row and ruck. 200K in 28 days for me. That should help the ol’ RHR, and get my cardio up to a point of swinging an ax in battle (if required, for some reason) for longer than a commercial break during Vikings.
What are YOU doing this month to make it harder on your enemies? Let me know in the comments.